Friday, June 5, 2009

For Memorial day this year we went up to Bear Lake...It may seem like we spend a great deal of time up there, but really my life isn't very exciting and Bear Lake is just different scenery from SLC!
The weekend was wonderful!! There were thunder and lightening storms that were fantastic!! I love being inside the house all cozy while the weather outside is wild!! One would think that golfing would have been cancelled due to weather...but that was not the case. I will never understand the pull, but it is not for me to understand and I am glad the boys enjoyed themselves.
On Sunday night we decided to have have a fire and make S'mores. My parents bought a new fire pit and it was so much fun to sit around it. On Sunday night it was no surprise when the wood for the fire was wet. My dad got out the magic fire fluid and poured it on the wood in hopes to encourage it to burn. It sputtered and died within minutes...so my dad added some more fluid...as he did fire blazed back to life and then once again died-- this process continued over and over for quit some time. My mother did not approve of my dad's fire starting method and kept telling him to stop it...he didn't and the fire eventually flaired to life and we had a very enjoyable time roasting marsh mellows until the rain once again drove us inside!!
Amanie wanted grandpa to feed her her S'mores.
Derek showing off the "Magic fire fluid"

Harley went to Grandma and did not want to leave her!! Amanie and Harlie also thought it would be fun to wear my flip flops around.


Amanie say "S'mores!"



Tim and Derek laughing at whatever they laugh at...





No comments:

Post a Comment